If you work with your hands on things like drawing, sketching, digital animations, and so on, an excellent Graphic Designer tablet is a must-have. Like Wacom Tablets until the issue “Wacom tablet device disconnected” is resolved.
Several users have reported that their Wacom tablet became disconnected at some point throughout the process. Users of Wacom tablet models have reported the Wacom drawing tablet device becoming disconnected in large numbers. The improper or corrupt driver could be why the Wacom drawing tablet device disconnects.
Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered with simple remedies to the “Wacom Tablet Device Disconnected” problem. To get along with our fixes, stay focused here with us.
Disconnected Wacom Tablet Device: Overview of the Issue
When users began using their Wacom Tablet device, it disconnected in the middle. Users may be unable to connect it right away in some instances; therefore, we understand the wrath since it disrupts the entire workplace. There could be a variety of causes for the “Wacom Tablet Device Disconnected” problem. A few of them are listed below for your convenience.
- USB cables that have been damaged
- A faulty USB port, an outdated driver, or an incorrect driver
- Causes of Tablet Device Disconnection
Disconnected Wacom Tablet Device: Related Issues
Wacom tablet users are experiencing a variety of Related Problems. The fundamental cause is also the same for the concerns listed below. Please use all of the methods indicated for these Related Issues as well.
1) Device Disconnected on Wacom Tablet/ Device Disconnected on Wacom Tablet App: The user cannot connect their device in this situation. It always indicates that your device is turned off. To repair this, go through each of our hacks one by one to ensure there are no hardware flaws.
2) Device Disconnected in Wacom Tablet Driver/ Device Disconnected in Wacom Tablet Driver: The Wacom tablets driver appears disconnected under this condition. The problem may be with the driver in this case. Use our fourth and final procedure 4 to complete the Re-installation.
3) Disconnected Wacom Tablet Software Device/ Disconnected Wacom Tablet: Windows 10 is a new operating system from Microsoft. This problem has been reported by a large number of Windows 10 users. They discovered that the Wacom tablet software responded with “Device Disconnected.” To repair this problem, follow our instructions.
4) Disconnected Wacom Drawing Tablet Device: This case can be noticed in a similar situation. The Wacom drawing tablet does not connect to the computer. To solve this problem, use the methods we’ve provided.
5) The Wacom Tablet App will not open: The user will be unable to open the Wacom tablet app in their system due to this. That could be due to a misconfigured setting or something else entirely. Use Reinstallation technique 4, the second-to-last option in our guide to resolving this.
Essential fixing of the problem
First and foremost, examine the condition of your Wacom tablets. Your computer system may cause the problem. Try using it on a different computer or laptop to be sure your Wacom tablet isn’t the problem.
Examine your Wacom Tablet on a Different System
Connect your Wacom tablet and utilize it for a few more minutes to see whether the device disconnects.
Case 1: If you haven’t had any other systems with the “Wacom tablet device disconnected” issue. That indicates that the problem is with your system. In this situation, go to our Advanced Troubleshooting section and try each option until you find one that works.
Case 2: If you’ve had a similar problem with “Wacom tablet Device disconnected” in other systems. That suggests your tablet is the source of the problem. It could be broken or have some internal issues. Switch to our “Contact Official Support” option in this instance.
How to Resolve the Disconnected Wacom Tablet Device Issue
Wacom tablet problems can be caused by either hardware or software malfunctions. Both remedies for the “Wacom tablet device Disconnected” bug are included in this section. As we all know, the first need for optimal operation is adequate communication between external peripherals and the system.
Let’s get started with Method 1 to resolve the issue of your Wacom Tablets disconnecting. Yes, do not abandon the methods. Carefully follow each of these steps until the problem is resolved.
- Restart your computer.
- Examine your system’s USB ports to see if any cables are damaged.
- To get an updated driver, reinstall it.
- If your system is out of date, you should update it.
1. Reboot Your Computer
According to user reports, conducting a power cycle fixed the issue “Wacom tablet Device Disconnected.” In the middle of the procedure, minor bugs may interrupt each other. It can take a long time for the memory of other connected devices in the same port to be replaced. Users are most likely to encounter such problems due to your actions.
To complete the power cycle, take the following steps:
- Press the power button for 15 seconds to hard reset your system. If you have any open windows, be sure you have saved them.
- After that, unplug all external peripherals like printers, mice, keyboards, etc. Remove the Wi-Fi router’s connection as well. Remove the power cables from the socket at the end. Remove the battery from the backside of the laptop if applicable. If it’s not removable, leave it alone.
- Turn off your computer or laptop for 5 minutes.
- After that, insert it into the socket. Replace the batteries in a laptop if necessary. Please turn it on and double-check that your system only has connected essential external peripherals.
- Connect Your Wacom Tablet And Start Using It Once It Is Completely Turned On.
2. Examine your computer’s USB ports
There’s a chance the problem stems from the USB port. A broken USB slot causes connectivity issues. Try connecting it to another USB port to see if it’s working. Disconnect any other devices that are linked to different USB ports. Occasionally, many USB connection power frequencies interfere with each other. That results in complications such as the device becoming disconnected. It connects in some circumstances; however, the error “Device Disconnected” appears. If your USB slots are working correctly, move on to our following techniques for resolving the “Wacom Tablet Device Disconnected” problem.
3. Examine the cables for any damage
Cables occasionally have dents that we are unaware of. Because any kind of interior dent isn’t visible, in that scenario, we recommend using a different USB cable that matches the model number of your Wacom tablet. Do it in another system so that if the one you’re using is the problem, it won’t get in the way.
If it started working after swapping the USB cables, the problem was caused by damaged USB cords. Now use it on your system to see if the issue “Wacom Tablet Device disconnected” has been resolved for you. If your Wacom tablet is still not working after changing the cables, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. Then, perform a thorough re-installation of your Wacom Tablet driver in the following approach.
4. To Get an Updated Driver, Reinstall
If none of those above solutions worked, the primary culprit could be the Wacom tablet driver. A driver is the main link between our system and external devices. The driver ensures any external peripheral’s functionality. Some users attempted to update the driver, but the Wacom drawing tablet device disconnected problem persisted.
We recommend that you opt for a clean installation. As a result, we’ll begin by totally deleting the Wacom tablet software. That includes removing the relevant files. Following that, we’ll run a clean installation to ensure that past file problems don’t disrupt Wacom Tablet communication.
5. If your system is outdated, you should update it
An out-of-date system may conflict with the Wacom tablet driver that has just been installed. Other essential driver updates are also downloaded as part of the system update. If your Wacom tablet supports wireless technology, the problem could be caused by the Wireless driver. That will download the necessary drivers for your Windows 10 operating system.
To perform a system update, follow these steps:
- To open the “Settings” window, press the Windows Logo Key with the Alphabet “I” on your keyboard.
- Select “Update & Security” from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on the “Check for Update” toggle in the right pane.
- It Will Begin Detecting The Error If You Check For Updates. Once it’s been downloaded, you’ll be able to use it. To install all of these updates, select “System Restart.”
Connect your Wacom tablet now and try it out. Hopefully, the “Wacom Tablet Device Disconnected” issue has been resolved. Contact a professional if the “Device Disconnected” issue with your Wacom tablet persists. That suggests there could be a serious technical issue.
How to Prevent Wacom Tablet Device Disconnection
i. Handle your Wacom Tablet Connector with caution to avoid any internal damage. Also, double-check that you’re using the USB connector that came with your Wacom tablet.
ii. To avoid any compatibility issues with your system, make sure you have the most recent version of the Wacom Tablet driver.
iii. To Avoid Virus Attacks, Make Sure You Have A Good Antivirus. As a result, your Wacom driver files may be corrupted.
iv. To avoid unwanted errors, make sure you’re using the original or provided Wacom Pen with your Wacom Graphics Tablet.
You might be interested to read also our another comprehensive article of: How to Make a Mobile Handheld Kinect Camera?
Almost all issues relating to the failure of a Wacom tablet may be traced back to driver issues. Go to the manufacturer’s website for your tablet and download the most recent driver you can find. If that doesn’t work, try downloading and installing slightly older drivers.
If things don’t improve, there’s always the possibility that drivers from other comparable tablets (as long as they’re from the same manufacturer) will work. Physical damage is the last option, although I would consider purchasing a new one unless your drawing tablet is precious rather than having yours repaired.